Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Comfort



   Now here is a thought....there is never a time in our life in which we are totally alone.  Like the song says, He is never far away.  I spent all of last weekend sitting on a tree stand hunting and thinking.  My conclusion... Is it not totally awesome that every time we  praise God or bring Him prayer he hears us.  What is more astounding is this: For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.Matthew 18:20.  The vast presence of God in our everyday life should move you.  Think about how big our God has to be to there in our ever present time of need and praise.  


   This brings me so much comfort.  My interview went well last week but I was unable to get the position.  The hiring committee actually decided to go internally to fill the position.  I will have to admit I was a little disappointed, but God was there telling me he had another purpose for me.  So thank you God for showing me direction.  How great is it that He can find you encouragement during disappointment.  


    Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.   Isaiah 40:28-31




  Here is a is a word of praise. My friend Derek has started a blog to honor his walk with God.  Check him out.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great how God does answer prayers but just in his own way! there is a purpose i'll be praying for you! im a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about anyone else, but it does my heart GOOD to see you young men take a stand for the Lord.

    The love of God is hard for me to fathom sometimes... especially since I came from such a big family and it is hard to feel "important" or "significant". But, He knows my name... and He knows my every thought. Love that!

    Those are great verses, too! And I'm praying that God will show you the direction He has already planned for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler,
    I LOVE that verse and was thinking about it this morning. God is so awesome to confirm things in us through all kinds of avenues. He has used your blog to speak through to me today.

    You are a remarkable young man.

    Have a Blessed day,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete